Acer Iconia Tab A500 uses Nvidia Tegra 2 1GHz dual-core processor, they both weigh exactly 730g and both have a 10.1-inch touch screen. The list goes on: both devices have 32GB of internal memory, 1GB of RAM and support microSD cards up to 64GB. Every blog and magazine are filled with lots of negatives about each tablet they review. After reading all the negative vibes, I was paranoid about buying an Android tablet, so I decided to wait.
7 points comparison about Acer Iconia Tab A500 vs Transformer
1. Internal memory and processor (even) One GigaByte is twice as much than iPad’s (better multi-tasking) and on par with the more expensive Xoom.
1GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 (2 x Cortex A9) is on the part with Xoom, clock speed similar with iPad 2.
2. STORAGE (even) 16 GB, same as iPad 2 but Xoom comes with 32GB. Both are expandable through microSD.
3. WEIGHT and DISPLAY (even) they are both slightly heavier than the iPad or the Xoom but only slightly. Both come with 10.1″, 16×9 wide screen; they both beat the iPad’s 9.7″ screen which is in a 4×3 format. Apples have a few more square inches, but movies show much better on a 16×9 screen. The viewing angle is quite wide with few distortions, and the colors are rich and bright when used in a room under natural or artificial light. Outside, the glare is significant.
4. Transformer Price with everything else more or less equal, the Asus tablet beats the Acer Iconia Tab A500 by $50. It can be argued that the Iconia has some advantages – I like its solid aluminum backside – but the Transformer has its own so, on a Dollar vs. Dollar competition, the Transformer wins. They each comes with options and expansions but, unlike cars, You can get a lot off the base models.
5. RESOLUTION (even)
1280×800 on both the Transformer and the ‘Acer Iconia Tab A500’ translate in 30% more pixels than iPad’s and a few more pixels per square inch.
6. Acer Iconia Tab A500 CAMERAS
they both come with 5MP rear camera for picture or video-taking, but the Iconia has a 2MP front facing vs. the Transformer’s 1. 2MP. In addition, the Iconia has a flash which the Transformer lacks. Ionia’s pictures appeared a little crisper to me.
7. Acer Iconia Tab A500 PHYSICAL BUILT
Transformer’s plastic back is not a major concern to me, but Iconia’s solid aluminum armor makes it the clear winner in this category. The Iconia feels like a solid, well-designed product.
I’ve never had the honeycomb crash on me. I surf the web, get my gmail, get my Outlook mail, IM, buy apps, play games, check the weather, read books, and it’s a blast.
Are you ready for serious gaming? Acer Iconia Tab A500 is the first mobile device to bring an arcade-like gaming experience with 10 point multi-touch control for high-level gaming that’s on par with the best game consoles. And with preloaded full versions of top games like Electronic Arts ‘Need for Speed: SHIFT’ and Gameloft ‘Let’s Golf’, let the fun begin immediately! The screen quality is great, and I love the motion backgrounds. Wireless speed is fine, 32GB is plenty, and I’m glad to have the USB port for future options.
Overall, I really like this Acer Iconia Tab A500. I had a G1 when it first came out, and it was pretty much a mess when at the beginning.
For more details and specs about this product click here